Computer Based Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Affordable treatment for panic, anxiety, depression and stress.
Welcome to Dr Purves
Join my Facebook group and make a start of feeling better. You get lots of free tools and community support.
Dr Purves Programs That Help You without drugs or a therapist.
Short videos that illustrate key and important psychological points from working with clients or from the research.
Panic Pit Stop
Our brain creates panic out of an interpretation of the unique circumstances of your life. Probably never to be repeated but your brain may not recognise that.
The 7 Rules of Active Self Help
Dr David Purves creates Active Self Help films that empower you to change your life for the better.
Regain of Your Feeling of Control
All psychological problems like depression, axiety and stress deplete your sense of personal control.
Insights From Clinic
Why it takes time for therapy to work for anxiety and depression.
Stress, Anxiety, PTSD & Depression
In this video he describes the absolute key differences and with that information explodes the mystery surrounding these life destroying problems.
Learn how to close the 5 doors
Join my community and learn everything you need to close the 5 doors to anxiety and much much more.
Clinical Director of the Berkshire Psychology Service and author of Blues Begone, Panic Pit Stop, Mood Control and The Mindfulness Journey.
Dr David Purves, is a psychologist in Reading, Berkshire with a D. Phil in Experimental Psychology from the University of Oxford. He is also qualified as a psychotherapist, is an accredited CBT therapist and Chartered Scientist.
Dr Purves’ other academic qualifications include a first class degree in Psychology from Lancaster University and a Master of Science (MSc) in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy from LMU.
When CBT is explained well it is easy to apply to your life.
Prior to starting The Berkshire Psychology Service Dr Purves was head of the Berkshire NHS Traumatic Stress Service.
Dr Purves has created three popular computerised CBT products, Blues Begone and Mood Control and Panic Pit Stop which treat depression, anxiety and panic.
In addition he is author of a number of academic articles; national and international speaker on the subjects of trauma, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and computerised cognitive behaviour therapy; expert psychologist on disaster and trauma; and an expert witness to the courts regarding instances of trauma and PTSD.
What Clients Say
"Thank you, David. I love the logic and strategic approach to your program. "If you were under real threat you'd be defending your life - you'd be running away." So logical! No other psychologist (or psychiatrist) I've seen over the years, has defined the thinking patterns and behaviours like you have!
"After being checked out by specialists and given the clear, the Panic Pit Stop App came to my attention. I had been familiar with Dr. Purves’ previous Mood Control series through his You Tube videos. I was particularly excited about the app which then led me to go more in-depth with the Panic Pit Stop…
"Hello, Dr. Purves! I am really enjoying and learning so much from your Panic Pit Stop program...much more than I have ever learned in the past three years from my two previous counsellors."
- Push Back Against Inappropriate FearMay 23, 2019Hi! We don’t have that many actual emotions about six or seven you know things like fear, happiness, sadness, shame, and a few others but emotions are pretty strong and it’s really hard […]
- Impatient For Life: Change. Think. Practice.May 17, 2019Hi! I think that we’re all pretty impatient, right? Human beings are pretty impatient and it’s difficult when we are finally motivated to try something to change our lives and we […]
- The Mountain of AnxietyMay 16, 2019Hi! I’m Dr. David Purves. When I’m thinking about anxiety I often speak of it as a bit like a mountain because it has peaks and it has lows. I’ve just drawn a little diagram just to […]
- What Successful Treatment For Anxiety And Depression Looks LikeMay 11, 2019Hi! My name is Dr. David Purves. I’m a psychologist and I work in Reading in Berkshire in the UK. Yesterday, I had a very busy clinical day but nice day in a way because I discharged three […]
- How to Prevent Relapse on Depression 3May 3, 2019https://youtu.be/lXRbGU-LusE – Hi I’m Dr. David Purves. In this video I’m talking about active self-help CBT. Now this is the approach that I have developed over many years but […]