Computer Based Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Affordable treatment for panic, anxiety, depression and stress.
Welcome to Dr Purves
Join my Facebook group and make a start of feeling better. You get lots of free tools and community support.
Dr Purves Programs That Help You without drugs or a therapist.
Short videos that illustrate key and important psychological points from working with clients or from the research.
Panic Pit Stop
Our brain creates panic out of an interpretation of the unique circumstances of your life. Probably never to be repeated but your brain may not recognise that.
The 7 Rules of Active Self Help
Dr David Purves creates Active Self Help films that empower you to change your life for the better.
Regain of Your Feeling of Control
All psychological problems like depression, axiety and stress deplete your sense of personal control.
Insights From Clinic
Why it takes time for therapy to work for anxiety and depression.
Stress, Anxiety, PTSD & Depression
In this video he describes the absolute key differences and with that information explodes the mystery surrounding these life destroying problems.
Learn how to close the 5 doors
Join my community and learn everything you need to close the 5 doors to anxiety and much much more.
Clinical Director of the Berkshire Psychology Service and author of Blues Begone, Panic Pit Stop, Mood Control and The Mindfulness Journey.
Dr David Purves, is a psychologist in Reading, Berkshire with a D. Phil in Experimental Psychology from the University of Oxford. He is also qualified as a psychotherapist, is an accredited CBT therapist and Chartered Scientist.
Dr Purves’ other academic qualifications include a first class degree in Psychology from Lancaster University and a Master of Science (MSc) in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy from LMU.
When CBT is explained well it is easy to apply to your life.
Prior to starting The Berkshire Psychology Service Dr Purves was head of the Berkshire NHS Traumatic Stress Service.
Dr Purves has created three popular computerised CBT products, Blues Begone and Mood Control and Panic Pit Stop which treat depression, anxiety and panic.
In addition he is author of a number of academic articles; national and international speaker on the subjects of trauma, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and computerised cognitive behaviour therapy; expert psychologist on disaster and trauma; and an expert witness to the courts regarding instances of trauma and PTSD.
What Clients Say
"Thank you, David. I love the logic and strategic approach to your program. "If you were under real threat you'd be defending your life - you'd be running away." So logical! No other psychologist (or psychiatrist) I've seen over the years, has defined the thinking patterns and behaviours like you have!
"After being checked out by specialists and given the clear, the Panic Pit Stop App came to my attention. I had been familiar with Dr. Purves’ previous Mood Control series through his You Tube videos. I was particularly excited about the app which then led me to go more in-depth with the Panic Pit Stop…
"Hello, Dr. Purves! I am really enjoying and learning so much from your Panic Pit Stop program...much more than I have ever learned in the past three years from my two previous counsellors."
- How to rewire your brain to remove intense anxiety and depressionAug 13, 2019It seems like there are risks everywhere There are so many options and choices in life that often we can’t see the wood for the trees and this makes us feel confused and disoriented. Lack of focus […]
- 9991Jul 14, 2019This is a more technical sounding blog post but it also has the virtue of being true. You can change your experience. A short while ago I listened to a snippet on the BBC Today program. Dr Liam Mason […]
- When Your Body Fights YouJul 12, 2019What Happens When Your Fear System Turns Against You Sometimes your immune system can turn against you and this causes things like rheumatoid arthritis. Your immune system is what protects you from […]
- The Body Keeps The ScoreJun 26, 2019A lot of times when we’re talking about cognitive behavior therapy CBT, we tend to focus on the cognitive element and I was looking through some old case files and I came across an example and […]
- Don’t Make Micro-Decisions Based on FearJun 17, 2019Hi! I want to talk about small decisions and I’m going to call them micro- decisions. Now, I don’t really know how many decisions you make a day but I know it’s thought that there […]